Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Car Accident

I'm starting to notice the effects of being stuck in the house all winter. I had a rude awakening this morning. I woke to the news report of a three car accident in my town. I guess this isn't news for many of my readers, but in a small town of less than 300, where horse and buggy out numbers cars, it is quite a shock.

The main road is closed - one car is still on fire at this moment. Emergency vehicles are racing back and forth. The radio ominously announced that there is at least one fatality.

Sometimes I just forget that life is precious. In our hectic daily routines we rarely stop to remember this. Life seems to be an indefinite, even at our age, then something happens to wake us up to the fact that we need to slow down and enjoy every day.

No comments: