Thursday, January 24, 2008

Skin Care Products - Should You Use Them

Like all products in the health industry, skin care products are designed to cover problems and mask the effects of abuse and neglect. Most of these products are specially designed to 'hide' the symptoms that something is wrong in our body.

Our skin is the body's largest organ. Its purpose is to clean toxins from our body. When we mask this problem, we are not only ignoring the message, but we are making it harder for the skin to continue doing what it needs to do - clean the contaminats from the inside.

We need to solve the internal problem, only then can we see the 'real' warning, compared to the results of damage. Only then can a dermatologist read our skin properly and help us.


Dermatologist Skin Care Products – are They Always Good

Dermatologist skin care products used to attract me. In the past I didn't put faith if any of the over the counter skin care products. If there was no dermatologist recommended skin care product I would just walk away. Since my early days I had used a lot of dermatologist skin care products because I was not satisfied with the cards mother nature had given me. No matter the product I tried I still saw room for improvement. My parents spent a lot of money in my teen years buying on a regular basis boxes and boxes of skin care products. To fight acne I had products that would dry my skin which gave me mass irritation. My skin began to develop rashes that spread all over my face and provided me with a new problem to fight against.

What I didn't realize was that my dermatologist skin care products were part of the problem. You see, dermatologist recommended skin care products very rarely use a sensitive touch. The whole point of going to a skin care dermatologist is getting something that will work, and work now. Dermatological skin creams often have steroids, antibiotics, or other harsh ingredients. For difficult problems, it can be just what the doctor ordered, but for milder issues, it might often make the problem much worse.

Unfortunately, I didn't discover this fact until much later. By the time I gave up my faith in dermatologist skin care , I was no longer dealing with the problems of youth, but with those of age. I went to my dermatologist for anti aging creams, wrinkle removers, and all kinds of other stuff like that. My skin looked mottled to me, and although my friends insisted that there was nothing wrong with it, I knew differently. Unfortunately, all that my dermatologist could do was to irritate my skin further.

Fortunately, one of my friends took me to a cosmetics store and showed me what was what. She had gone to the doctor to get dermatologist skin care products when she was younger too, so she knew all about it. In her case, however, some of the dermatologist recommended skin care products had caused an extreme reaction. She had not done well with the steroidal cream they had given her, and it made her very sick. She had learned the hard way what she was showing me the easy way: that sometimes over the counter skincare is the better way to go.



Author: Ron King

No comments: